If you are currently experiencing a housing crisis MMHA has walk in hours Monday – Friday 9:00am 4:00pm or you may call and ask for the Emergency Department. (330) 725-7531
Emergency Housing Assistance
MMHA provides intake and case management for Medina County residents experiencing a housing crisis. Assistance may include referrals for shelters and financial assistance to prevent or end homelessness. Funding and eligibility criteria for this activity changes routinely. Assistance may include short or long-term rental assistance, utility payments, security deposits and mortgage assistance.
MMHA participates in the Homeless Crisis Response Program – A community program focused on housing stabilization.
The Homeless Crisis Response Program
The Homeless Crisis Response Program (HCRP) helps individuals and families to break free from homelessness. Homeless households are rapidly moved out of emergency shelter or homelessness and into permanent housing.
This program serves individuals and families who would likely remain homeless without assistance. Assistance is provided to help households to obtain affordable housing and to increase self-sufficiency
HCRP does not provide long term rent or mortgage assistance. It is not intended to serve those who need long term and/or intensive support.
Who is served?
Individuals and families who have:
- No other housing options such as family or friends
- Lack the financial resources and support networks needed to obtain immediate housing
- Head of household who is at least 18 years of age
What services does HCRP provide?
The goal of the HCRP program is to promote housing stability. Every household assisted by the program is provided case management to help them identify needs, establish a safe living situation, and to create a plan that connects them to the resources needed to help them obtain and maintain housing.
Each household's case plan may include:
- Case management
- Referrals to housing opportunities
- Referrals to community resources
- Referrals to employment and/or training educational opportunities
- Assistance with applying for Job and Family Services Benefits
- Budgeting assistance
Rent and Security Deposits
HCRP may be able to assist with rent and security deposits.
Please be aware that Rapid Re-Housing (RH) is designed to provide financial assistance and case management to enable literally homeless individuals and homeless families to become and remain stably housed.
Eligibility - Must meet literally homeless definition:
- Sleeping in a place not meant for human habitation (car, tent, etc.)
- Residing in an emergency shelter
- Timing out or graduating from transitional housing
- In hospital or institution for up to 90 days (but homeless prior to entry)
- Fleeing Domestic Violence
- Living in a motel/hotel paid by federal, state or local government programs, or paid by charitable organizations
Once you have an appointment with a case manager, you will be informed regarding what documents
will be necessary to determine eligibility.
How Do I Apply?
Remember households must be screened to determine eligibility based on program requirements and level of need.
Medina Metropolitan Housing Authority
850 Walter Road
Medina, OH 44256
Ask for: Emergency Department
Appleseed Community Mental Health Center
2233 Rocky Lane
Ashland, Ohio 44805
Ask for: Housing Department
The Nord Center
3150 Clifton Avenue
Lorain, Ohio 44055
Ask For: Housing Department
104 Spink Street
Wooster, Ohio 44691
Other Emergency Service Providers and Locations:
Regional Community Resources